Monday, May 13, 2013

Counselor Planner for 2013-2014

Organization is a big deal in high school counseling as I imagine it would be at all levels.  I have lists and lists of daily and monthly things to do as well as future plans.  I make lists for every single college task that students need to complete and I have separate lists for personal and academic counseling.  It's a lot of lists and notes.  

I am known for changing my organization system during the school year.  I have always used some kind of planner/agenda.  In college, this was a must.  Currently, I am using an Erin Condren Life Planner and before that, a Filofax.  Both are beautiful and wonderful organization systems, but I like to have my personal, work, and school organized together.  This is becoming less and less of the case as I have realized that work organization needs to be its own system.  I have come to terms with this so I decided to make a personalized counselor planner. There's a plethora of options for teachers but not too many for counselors-I think I found one.  

As it is close to the end of the school year, 18 days!, I am thinking about how I will organize for next year.  The counselors share the senior class so I am in the process of making appointments to meet with my caseload of rising seniors in the summer.  As I started to make a sign- in sheet in a word document, my colleague showed me a fabulous website called www.worksheetworks.com.  This is when I came up with the idea that I could make my own counselor planner! Previously, I was inspired by jyjoyner who showed a counselor planner using the Five Star Mead Flex.  I will use the Five Star Mead Flex, add dividers and the worksheets that I found on www.worksheets.com.  


Some ideas...


Week Planner- I can write down daily "To Do's" here and even use these forms for small group and classroom guidance planning.  




Annual Calendar/Planner- I plan to use this as an annual planning tool to plan the college fair, Red Ribbon Week and bulletin board ideas.  



Hourly Planner- I will use this to schedule college planning meetings with the seniors this summer.  This form can be personalized to include the appointment times and five or seven days in the week.  

Once I decide on the names of the sections, I will post it.  I have many ideas, but need to see what my needs will be next year as I plan to do more small group counseling and classroom guidance.  

Happy Planning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment