Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

To all of my teachers out there!  Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!  I will always have a place in my heart for teachers.  I started my career in education as a teacher and it was my 6th grade teacher, Mr. Blackmore, who inspired me to become a teacher, to love English Literature and to love Shakespeare.  I still remember watching the film Westside Story along with clips from the original Romeo and Juliet.  I was in awe of this fellow they called William Shakespeare.  What can I say?  I love the drama! 

I get wrapped up in all of the college counseling items that I do not get the chance to do cute things for the teachers.   This year is different.  I purchased some colorful notecards and envelopes and typed a message.  I put them in the teachers' mailbox.  Hopefully, they will enjoy it.  It is just my little way of saying "thank you."  The teachers make my job a little more easier and really make a difference when they talk to students and let students come to the counseling office (they do much more for the counseling department).  They do so much inside and outside of the classroom and I am truly blessed to be part of an amazing team.  My mantra, "What we do is for the students" is absolutely true.  




Note to teachers 




Colorful notecards and envelopes, Target 


Next year, I will try to do something different.  Any ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment